Monday, March 12, 2012

Another Amazing Christmas

I know, I know. These pictures are super late. I mean, it's almost Easter now! But Mama couldn't find the Christmas pictures for a while, so here you go.
We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving this year. Mom said it was because we wouldn't be here for Christmas day, so we should be able to enjoy the tree as much as possible. Daddy said he thought we might forget about Halloween if we had Christmas to think about. Silly Daddy--Halloween is he best of all!

But I digress. It was my year to put the angel on top of the tree. It's my favorite part.

See how pretty our tree was this year? I do love Christmas!

I saw a lot of Santa this year. Mom says I used to be afraid of him--whatever! He's awesome! This year I was a little stressed about Santa coming because we don't have a Chimney. Mom said it was okay, because we would be with Pop and Yaya--THEY have a chimney. Whew!

The fun parties started with my school program and party. That's me in the plaid shirt in the middle. We sang 'We wish you a Merry Christmas' and a few others. Then we all had dinner and I gave Mom a stocking with my name on it. I made it myself!

Santa came to the school party too. He gave Tommy and me candy canes! Audrey was too little to see Santa--and she was asleep. Silly girl--she misses a lot of fun things, taking naps the way she does!

One of my favorite things about Christmas are all the stories Mom and Daddy read to us. Some are about Santa and Frosty the Snowman, and some are about Baby Jesus. Now, I like Santa, sure, but the story of Baby Jesus is SO much better.

And then, more parties! We had a big one at our house with dinner, stockings, and presents for everyone! Tommy and I did very well.

I got this great camping quilt from Grandma and Grandpa, which I love and keep on my bed now.

Here's me with Uncle Bruce, Aunt Karren, and Aunt Alli. I'm playing with my new shark and cuddling under our Christmas blanket. (Mom says it belongs to the whole family, but I know it's mine. I claimed it first.)

Just before Christmas we did the big giant drive to Pop and Yaya's house. I didn't mind the drive--we got to get out a few times and I had lots of toys and food to keep me happy.

Pop and Yaya have a big, fun house (that we got to stay in) and we had dinners, and parties, and (my favorite) visited a lot of museums. We also got to meet their tractor, Hopster. I named him, you know. He's lots of fun to drive. I'm excited to be big enough to drive him by myself.

We spent lots of time at Pop and Yaya's house playing inside too, which was nice because I got lots of fun time with my sweet Audrey. We're good friends.

She likes to give me kisses and talk to me. I don't understand anything she says, but I know she loves me and I talk nonsense back to her, so it's all good.

Playing in the snow was a lot of fun too. Tommy and I ran out as much as we could! This is me and my little bro--we're best friends!

We made a snowman with Daddy and Pop. His name was Skater, and he was super cool, but he melted right before we went home. It was just like the primary song! "In the sun he melted, melted, melted. In the sun her melted, small, small, small!"

I know there's not a lot of pictures of the actual Christmas day and all our presents (we got tons of great stuff, by the way!), but Daddy took video of all that.

I think it's enough to say that we had a really amazing Christmas and I wish we didn't have to wait a whole year to do it again.

1 comment:

  1. We had an amazing time at Christmas with you. I'm glad you got to go skiing again.

    ReplyDelete