Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mummies and Spaceships

I've been worried about Mummies lately. 
I keep thinking they're going to come get me while I sleep. 
Daddy and Mama wanted to show me what a real mummy was, so they took all of us to a 
Mummy Museum.

 My favorite part was the underground tomb. 
We took flashlights (Tommy and I got to hold them) and went down a lot of stairs to see what it looked like under pyramids where mummies are buried.

See, Daddy told me mummies are really just people who lived a long time ago and when they died someone wrapped them up and put them under pyramids.
They put pictures on the walls too, but I don't know why they would do that. 
Mummies are too dead to see the pictures, but Tommy and I liked them a lot.

 Look at this mummy! That's his skin, all grayish brown and he looks sleepy (and a little creepy), but he's definitely dead--he won't be coming into my bedroom at night! HA!

 These are baby crocodile mummies! 
I don't know why they made these little guys into mummies...and I don't know where their feet went.

 I really liked this big mummy box. I wanted to give it a hug, but the museum put this big glass case around it, so couldn't get too close, but I did my best.

 Ooooo, this one had yucky teeth!
Tommy and I went crazy over it! Mummies are cool!

 Outside the museum, I rode a huge goat (or sheep, or ram, or whatever it is)...
 ...and hid in a funny little temple.

 Peek-a-boo!!!

 We had a great time!

After lunch we went to a space museum. Tommy and I loved the pretend rocket. We got to push buttons, twist knobs, and look at everything! We didn't ever want to leave.

 I wouldn't mind being an astronaut when I grow up...can't you just see me walking on the moon?
Oh, yes, you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment